[Okular-devel] md5 hash for annotation file name

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Fri Sep 19 16:12:01 CEST 2008

Alle giovedì 11 settembre 2008, Markus Grabner ha scritto:
> The current implementation has the same problem (unless the size of the
> file is the same after a modification), but anyway I understood the
> annotation concept in okular to be designed for static files. Keeping track
> of modifications seems to be much harder, in particular if it should work
> transparently for different file formats. Are there any plans (or requests)
> to implement such a feature in okular?

I don't think it is really worth.
Theorically, it could be possible easily with the current internal data file
naming (basename.size.xml): you can check whether there is one or more
internal .xml files starting with the document basename, then open them and
find out whether the local file path inside it is the same.
Switching to an hash-based file naming would mean reading all the xml files in
our docdata (and they can be a lot), for each document open.

--
Pino Toscano