[Okular-devel] Is the installation description of okular faulty?

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 18 17:18:29 CEST 2008

Hi!
I am trying to compile okular from scratch using libpoppler
compiled by me and the kde4 base stuff from Debian Lenny.
On the page http://okular.kde.org/download.php
the following instructions are given:

svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdegraphics -N
cd kdegraphics
svn up cmake
svn up okular
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/your/kde4/install/dir ..
cd okular
make
make install

But I suspect they are not quite correct:  First, cmake
complained about a missing directory "libs".  Should I do a

svn up libs

after

svn up okular

?  That certainly did do something.
The cmake command returns without errors now, but the
only Makefile now is in the kdegraphics directory, and it
doesn't do anything.  Should I really make the 'build' directory
in 'kdegraphics', and not in 'okular'?

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

greetings,
Oliver Sander

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *