[Okular-devel] Some Fullscreen -requests

Sebastian Guttenberg sguttenberg at nusurf.at
Sun May 11 19:02:19 CEST 2008

Hi all
As I am writing to the mailing list for the first time, let me first
express how great I find okular!! I love the marking and the continous
zoom and many more features!
I have some suggestions and one bug (I have installed version 0.6.3),
where I am not sure whether it might already have been reported
somewhere, because I did not find any way to search through the mailing
list or search in a list of bug's. I would appreciate information about
how that works. Now, to my suggestions and to the bug, all concerning
the fullscreen mode:

1. I did not find a way to get rid of the navigation panel at the bottom
of the screen in the fullscreen mode. I think it would be good to have a
possibility to make it disappear and really have fullscreen, as it was
in kdvi and kpdf. (or did I just overview something?)

2. As soon as one makes the menubar disappear with ctrl-m, some
short-cuts (related to menu entries) do not work any longer.
For example <alt-v> <v> <f> (which switches to the facing mode, as long
a a menu bar is present) has no effect without menu-bar.
In addition there is no possibility to assign another short-cut to this
quite important menu-entry.

3. Finally the bug: I am inprisoned in the full-screen mode now. I don't
remember what exactly I did, but okular now always starts in fullscreen
mode and there is no way to leave it (neither via the menu, nor via the
corresponding short-cut <Ctrl-Shift-F>
This is not very annoying for me as I am always working in Fullscreen
mode, but I guess that it's not intended to be so ;-)

Best, Sebastian