[Okular-devel] save edits/annotations back to pdf-file

Henrik Austad henrikau at orakel.ntnu.no
Fri Jul 25 09:22:58 CEST 2008

Hi!

First off - thanks for a great tool! For a while I had another OS on my laptop
so that I could use Adoe Reader Pro. to highlight and insert comments into
pdf's. Not so anymore!

Anyhow, now that I've expressed my enthusiasm with okular;

Are there any plans for moving the comments/highlighting etc into the pdf? At
the moment, it's  saved (as you probably know better than me) to
~/.kde4/share/apps/okular/
This becomes inconvenient if I want to share that pdf with someone, or if I
work on more than 1 machine (and we all know that *everybody* does that!).

I've googled around a bit, but haven't found any solutions. I did, however,
find a previous message to the list
(http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/okular-devel/2007-November/000202.html), but
it did not receive any answers.

As a workaround, can okular be configured (without editing files and
rebuilding) to read and save these files from another location? From a
user-viewpoint this should probably be documented somewhere, perhaps
under "Advanced features" or some such.

PS:
Please CC me, I'm not on the devel-list. :-)

Thank you for all your help,

--
med vennlig hilsen - Yours Sincerely,
Henrik Austad