[Okular-devel] Annotations: have to press each time for each annotation + two-column-texts

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Thu Feb 7 18:49:03 CET 2008

Hi,

> I'm new to the list, so forgive me, if the issue has been discussed before
> (couldn't find it on google). On okular 0.6.0, for each annotation I have
> to press the annotation-button (e.g. the yellow stick). This is quite
> annoying if I have to underline a lot. I would suggest the possibility to
> click twice on the relevant annotation button to be able to use it several
> times.

Yes, it has been discussed (sort of) previously. The problem is finding
a "common" solution, used by other (graphics) programs as well.
Double-click? Ctrl+click? Other ideas?

> if okular could recognize that the text is set in two columns

That is not easy, as the text in every page is just a "bunch" of characters
and their position in it (so, not even lines!).
When we can distringuish the columns for text in pages, we'll be able to do
some stuff with that (eg smart text selection, correct text highlighting,
etc).

--
Pino Toscano