[Okular-devel] Adding TextPage into the memory management game

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Apr 27 22:39:32 CEST 2008

Hi, i'm attaching a patch that adds textpage into the memory management game.
I think it's mostly ok except for the missing comments and that i only cared
about the pdf generator.

The only problem is that our number of memory used does not match reality as
there's the administrative bytes each new/malloc needs, so our number is
always smaller than the reality.

Comments on the patch?

For the administrative blocks thing do

for (int i = 0; i <= 1000000; ++i) new double();
while(1) {}

and run it though valgrind --tool=massif and see how ms_print reports the same
extra-heap(lost) and useful-heap.