[Okular-devel] KDE/kdegraphics/okular

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed May 2 20:37:57 CEST 2007

A Dilluns 30 Abril 2007, Pino Toscano va escriure:
> Hi people,
>
> > SVN commit 659315 by pino:
> >
> > Master Albert is right, no need to enable the search widget over the
> > thumbnails if the document does not support search (mainly because its
> > backend does not support text extraction).
>
> This commit I did yesterday remember me a pair of things about the search
> bar over the thumbnails.
> The first is, is the proper solution disabling it if the document does not
> support the textraction of text? Or maybe another solution (eg hiding it)
> would be better?

With my limited knowledge of usability i'd say that:
 * If you hide it, people will think "why is it not showing?" and will try to
fidn a way show it
 * If you disable it, poeple will think "why is it disabled?" and will try to
find a way to enable it

So i vote for disable + tooltip/whatsthis explaining why it's disabled.

> Second one: we inherit from KPDF the option to show/hide that search bar.
> Do you feel the option is really needed?
No, but sure that if you remove it people will complain and i don't see it
clutter that much our options.

Albert