[Okular-devel] Find bar

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Wed Feb 14 18:58:02 CET 2007

Hi,

I've in my HD a patch that could be committed (given that the comments on the
Dot about the recent article about document viewers in KDE 4).
The patch is about introducing a find bar on the bottom (ala Firefox), just
like Kate is doing in its KDE 4 version.

The only thing why I kept it here is the following:
one of the possible actions of a link is to perform a specified action, like
going to the next page, to the last, etc..., and to start the search for
something in the document. This is typical with presentation generated with
the beamer module of LaTeX (it's the magnify glass among the small icons on
the footer of every slide).
The problem arises in presentation mode: in that mode, we can't show the find
bar of the pageview. acroread shows a small floating window with a line edit
and a search button. What should we do in the case, even from an usable point
of view (Florian and Sharad)?

Ideas? opinions?

--
Pino Toscano