[Okular-devel] Bring pixmaps back!

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Sat Nov 18 04:19:41 CET 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 08:29:24PM +0100, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
Hi Albert,

> Well, today i've been profiling a bit okular and discovered we are taking a
> BIG hit for using QImages instead of QPixmaps, i knew there was a hit, but
> this is huge (below for numbers).
>
> So Tobias can we bring back Pixmaps? AFAIK they were removed to speedup
> rotation that required pixmap->image->pixmap, but i prefer to take a hit when
> rotating than when navigating the document.
Ok, I'll try to change the current code over weekend to use QPixmap
again. One problem is that rotating can't be done in a thread then,
because accessing a QPixmap from a thread != gui thread isn't possible.

But maybe we can convert the pixmap to an image in gui thread, rotate
the image in worker thread and convert it back to pixmap in gui thread
again...

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!