Welcome

Eva Brucherseifer novehrady@kde.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:19:59 +0100

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 13:42, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 March 2003 13:06, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > Welcome to everyone to this list, I am sure we will achieve a great
> > conference in August!
> >
> > I have one first thing. During CeBIT we talked to many companies (mainly
> > well-known ones like Siemens, HP, IBM, etc.) about sponsorship and the
> > ability that their development people take part. Now I'd like to send
> > further information to our contact persons. Therefore I'd like to
> > validate the following:
> >
> > 23.+24.8.	KDE conference for everyone
> > 25.8.		tutorials for external people
>
> That means participants can come from outside - limited to max of 20 peop=
le

Yes, limited to 20. That maybe also motivates them to register early ;-)

> - for the duration of 3 days between 23. and 25. august, including 2 days
> of direct peer-to-peer training with core kde developers and one day
> training sessions on kde development internals ?

What do you mean by peer-to-peer training?

In my understanding the conference part is everything that is of interest t=
o=20
all KDE people and that consists of talks. Company participants can take pa=
rt=20
and might be invited to give a talk themselves, e.g. the usability guys at=
=20
Siemens who did a study on KDE/Gnome.=20
On the third day most KDE people already can start with workshops, hacking =
or=20
whatever and some can do the training on KDE development internals.=20

> Then we'd need to specify the conference program and the training program,
> or ?

Well, sooner or layter you'll have to do that anyways. But we are more or l=
ess=20
in the "call for papers" phase, are we?=20

Don't understand me wrong, I don't want to interfere with conference/traini=
ng=20
planing, I just want to get it right.

Greetings,
eva