A guest

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Jul 20 00:06:01 CEST 2003

On Saturday 19 July 2003 22:27, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> perhaps the abstract is misleading, but this talk sounds fairly
> off-topic for a KDE conference. a discussion of GNOME's
> infrastructure is likely interesting within the context of GNOME, but
> out of respect for the people who are spending time and money to
> attend this conference to learn about, discuss and improve KDE, the
> conference should be kept on-topic. how much of this talk is going to
> focus on GNOME, exactly?

I think it can only be beneficial for a KDE developer to also know about
how the GNOME infrastructure works. We should take this opportunity to
learn something from our competitior. They certainly know something
about developing a desktop environment. So even if Havoc would
exclusively talk about internals of GNOME, I would consider the talk
perfectly on-topic for the conference.