Lost Hardware

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Aug 31 11:34:40 CEST 2003

Hi,

not referring to Werner's mails directly :)  but a general thing: lost
hardware during KDE events.  We encounter minor losses of network cables and
power plugs as well as switches and hubs or power plug adaptors during KDE
events like LinuxTag and KDE meetings. Therefore I think sooner or later we
need to have a Hardware team that lists every hardware brought in so we can
make sure everyone gets his hardware back. Another annoying issue is wireless
AP's - there's some that brought AP's with them but as soon as they leave
those who used the AP's have to rearrange their network connection.

Would it make sense for us to buy a certain amount of smaller hardware items
like a switch/hub and one or two AP's ?

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org