slight issue

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Mon Aug 18 08:17:42 CEST 2003

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 10:22:58PM +0200, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> Actually, Movenpick Prague is more than 60 euros CHEAPER than hotelclub for
> our return from n7y (31 aug - 2 sep). Can't check for the first part (18 aug
> - 21 aug), because it's sold out, but i expect similar figures there.

Single/double occupancy might make a difference here.. for the dates I
checked, Microsoft didn't even come close to the better deal.

> The reason we booked with expedia is that it turned out to be cheaper than any
> of the others we checked, and often quite a lot. As an added benefit Expedia
> has a Dutch office (and web site), which always gives a better feeling than
> booking with a foreign agency (though it probably makes no difference in
> practice -- it might do, like Dutch VAT versus foreign for transactions,
> cancellation policy and stuff).

Actually, you normally don't pay VAT/sales tax for Internet purchases in the
US or Australia. :-)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap at capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."