Sponsoring of the KDE-meeting

ettrich at greentech.cz ettrich at greentech.cz
Mon Apr 28 12:19:49 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am the brother of Matthias and a little involved in the organisation of your
meeting on the czech side. I was contacted by one canadian software company and
one private austrian research center about the conditions of sponsoring the
event. That means: What does the sponsor get back, will there be proceedings of
the event, will the sponsors be metioned on the KDE-Website or on other
websites and so on. Matthias told me that Eva Bruchseifer is handling stuff
like that but that in the KDE world everything is discussed openly, so I write
to this mailing list. Please reply to my adress ettrich at greentech.cz, as I am
not a member of the mailing list.

One other thing: As probably Matthias told you, we want to organise a small
austrian-czech Linux exhibition with some accompanying program, that will take
place in the time of your congress. (Don't get me wrong, you will have a quiet
congress, just as you like it). Therefore it would be nice to have two or three
speakers (famous people from the Linux/KDE World) that would like to take part
in the program accompanying the exhibition. As the event takes place in the
time of the so called summer-hole, where mass media have to report about
different things due to the lack of political news, we want to use your
congress for the propagation of Kde-Linux in the printed an other media of the
Czech republic. I already spoke with people from the Czech Television and the
Czech Radio, and it seems to be hopeful to get the possibility for some of you,
for example Matthias, to promote KDE this way. I know that in a community of
this type decisions and organization are complicated and take a long time, BUT
I really need to have something in my hands to discuss things with the people
from the media or the potentially sponsors, that means: How is the event
called? KDE4? Who are the invited speakers? Which companies are already willing
to sponsor? I also want to ask if you could mention our institute (Institute of
Physical Biology) as a Co-organizer of the meeting in your announcments. For
that you will get the congress facilities for free (you will only pay the
accomodation and food and some small expenses we have connected with the
organisation)

Thanks a lot and greetings from South bohemia,

Rudi

  RNDr. Ruediger Ettrich, PhD.
  Laboratory of High Performance Computing
  Institute of Physical Biology USB and Institute of Landscape Ecology AVCR
  Phone:  +420 386 361 297
  Mobile: +420 608 522 558
  Fax:    +420 386 361 219
  email: ettrich at greentech.cz