Conference [ was: Re: Welcome]

novehrady at kde.org novehrady@kde.org
Tue Apr 1 10:13:44 CEST 2003

Quoting Matthias Ettrich <ettrich@trolltech.com>:

> Where does the limitation come from?
>
> If we have space for hundreds of people in the audience rooms and the
> catering
> can handle it, why not allow more people to join (granted we give decent
> student discounts)?
>
> Jirka, can you post information on the availability of conference rooms, and
>
> their sizes?
>
> I also heared somebody mentioning that there might be interest to have a
> small
> GNU/Linux exhibition on one day, associated with the conference. This can
> attract even more visitors and more local press. If they like to organize
> something in that direction _and_ there's enough space in the castle, what's
>
> our position?
>
> Matthias

Hi,

as you requested, I send a list of space available in the castle:

Historical rooms:
1. Theatre: 110 people
2. Mirror Hall: 80 people
3. Blue Hall: quite big, but of round shape, 60 people for sitting at tables, we
normally serve meals there during conferences.
4.+5. Two smaller rooms, that we use normally for Poster sessions, but can be
used also for workshop purposes, 30 people each
6. Error Bar: Not really for working purposes, but relaxation, available Darts,
Billiard, Beer...;-)
7. Entrance Hall, quite big, can be used for registration and commercial exhibition.

Not historical, but also pretty nice:
8. Conference Room, classical conference room with long round table in the
middle, 15 people
9. Small conference room, also classical conference room, 8 people
10. Computer Lab I, 10 computer working places
11. Computer Lab II, 30 computer working places

The Theatre and the Mirror Hall are fully equipped for conference purposes
permanently (Data projector, Sound, Light, Table etc.). For the other rooms we
have moveable equipment that can be installed as needed.

Hopefully that is the information you wanted
Greetings
Jirka