[Nepomuk] Current logic of query types - is it a bug or a feature

Andrey Bondrov andrey.bondrov at rosalab.ru
Tue Jun 17 05:47:52 UTC 2014

Hi all.

I'm trying to port SimpleWelcome application (a launcher for KDE used
in ROSA Desktop by default) from Nepomuk to Baloo. And I have some
questions about Baloo (unfortunately, the only useful documentation on
Baloo seems to be its source code).

1. Current logic of query types - is it a bug or a feature? I mean it
seems to use AND instead of OR, so nothing is found when I set multiple
types for a query (unless it's "File/Something"). Is there a way to
query types with OR?

2. Is there complete list of terms used by Baloo ("modified" etc)?

3. Is there a way to get sorted results from a query? For example, 10
latest modified images.

4. Is there a way to query images by size? And get image size from
query results?

5. Is there a way to get types from query results? For example, I
query "File" and then want to sort "Images", "Documents", "Videos" etc.
Of course it can be done with KMimeType::findByUrl() but as this info
is already stored by Baloo, maybe there's a better way?