[Nepomuk] How to config virtuoso-t?

Michael Jerger dev at jerger.org
Thu Jan 9 05:34:53 UTC 2014

Am Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2014, 13:08:30 schrieb Vishesh Handa:
> The next version of KMail is not going to be using Nepomuk. We're moving
> away from virtuoso and the whole "semantic web".
>
> So you should have a better KMail experience with 4.13

Sounds good for KMail - bad for the semantic web idea.
Would your new Mail-/Contact-/Calendar-Storage have an semantic interface? I
like the idea, to have RDF acces to all my stuff (which does not mean, that all
data has to be stored redundant in virtuoso also)?

> > enterprise service I've similar problems - so do you have made any brain
> > work for this topic allready? May I be interested in your ideas and
> > experiance?
>
> Most of the Nepomuk developers had grand ideas about sharing the
> Nepomuk data. In fact I once prototyped a distributed nepomuk service
> which would register itself on the local network and allow sparql queries to
> be run on all the systems in a local network.
>
> That was terribly impractical because of the issue of privacy. We then
> thought about implementing some sort of an ACL for the rdf data, but the
> more we tried to plan it out, the more complex it got. Eventually, nothing
> got done.

Okay - thanks for your straight answer. I've seen some whitepapers about "data
based authorization" in semantic graphs and I agree totaly - it seemd to be
very complex. Maybe this complexity is apropriate for the enterrise context. I
will give it a try.

Michael