[Nepomuk] Building and using recursive Baloo queries

Denis Steckelmacher steckdenis at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 18 09:40:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm reading the source code of Baloo to see if porting the Nepomuk
user-query parser that I developed during the summer would be an easy
task. Everything feels clean and well-thought, so congratulations to
everyone involved!

In Nepomuk, queries were built using a tree of Nepomuk2::Term objects. I
discovered that Baloo still has a Term class (in src/core), that allows
operations and subterms, and that a Baloo query can use such terms. But
what does it do with this term? Baloo queries also seem to be described
using a search string, types and filters, so how the term and the
filters are related?

Denis Steckelmacher