[Nepomuk] RFC: The grammar of the new Nepomuk query parser

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed May 29 14:07:47 UTC 2013

Hi Denis,

The proposal looks quite nice. If I may, I'd suggest a shorthand for the
hasTag - for example #dog to mean hasTag:dog.*

One of the reasons (apart from greater usability) is that according to the
proposal hasTag:red herring would mean either
 - hasTag:"red herring"
 - hasTag:red contains:herring (implied property contains)
 - hasTag:red hasTag:herring (implied property hasTag)

By allowing a shorthand for hasTag, you remove the need for that property to
be an implied one.

Cheerio,
Ivan

* firefox uses + for this, but I guess that # is more widely known thanks to
twitter-like services.

--
So much complexity in software comes from trying to make
one thing do two things.