[Nepomuk] Modifying nco:emailAddress

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Fri May 24 11:41:47 UTC 2013

On Thursday 23 May 2013 19.44:04 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> We seem to have run into a situation where we need to fetch some identifier
> of a nco:ContactMedium, and we noticed that nco:emailAddress does not
> derive from nao:identifier.
>
> whereas nco:imID does.
>
> If no one object, I can add the required super property.

Note that an email address is not actually a unique identifier. Many people can
share email addresses (family account, company account, ...), so this breaks
the "Inverse Functional" [0] property this property is supposed to have
according to [1]. Maybe there are other options?

Cheers,
Christian

[0] http://www.w3.org/wiki/InverseFunctionalProperty
[1] http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/nao/#mozTocId802441