[Nepomuk] [nepomuk-core] autotests/lib: Merge branch 'feature/mergeGraphs'

Thiago Jung Bauermann thiago.bauermann at gmail.com
Wed May 22 01:24:26 UTC 2013

Hello,

Am Dienstag, 21 Mai 2013, 16:58:30 schrieb Vishesh Handa:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Ignacio Serantes <kde at aynoa.net> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > What are the step to migrate all data? There is a window asking for
> > preferred method?
>
> Nope. By default your tags and rating will be backed up and restored.

You always say "tags and ratings" when mentioning the conversion, will it
backup and restore comments too? I don't use them myself but I've seen at
least one person mention that they use it. And Dolphin offers an option to add
comments very prominently in the UI by default, so I'm sure other people use
the feature too.

I certainly want to use comments in e-mail messages in KMail (I assume they're
stored) when I perceive that the interaction between KMail and Nepomuk is
rock-solid (it has certainly improved *a lot* in 4.10 and I'm sure you are
near that point).

I already mentioned this as a comment in your blog, so I'm sorry to repeat
myself here. I just worry that some people could lose their data and get
frustrated when they upgrade, so I think it's worth the risk of coming accross
as annoying (which is certainly not my intention).

--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann