[Nepomuk] Introducing nmm:Artist

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Tue May 21 15:52:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

Are you meaning something like these?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1456/nepoogle12.png

Could be solved without adding a new ontology and, as you can see a contact
could be several things. If you finally add this subtype you must consider
the next:

1) nmm:Artist must include performers but also any kind of artists: actors,
directors, painters, conductors, producers, etc...
2) Two known applications must be updated to support this change:
nepomuk-webminer and bangarang.
3) A conversion tool must be written.

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in> wrote:

> Hey guys
>
> I would like to introduce nmm:Artist as a sub-type of nco:Contact which
> could be used in place of the nco:Contacts that are created when indexing
> music files.
>
> The advantages would be that one could show "Artist" instead of "Contact"
> when it pops up in the search result. This would not change the domain or
> range of any other property.
>
> Opinions?
>
> --
> Vishesh Handa