[Nepomuk] Bug 317168 - soprano 2.9.1 incompatible with nepomuk 4.10.2

Simeon Bird bladud at gmail.com
Wed May 8 03:39:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

So, in bug 317168, the storage service is crashing on exit (reliably).

However, this happens only if you have soprano 2.9.1 with commit c67a54c529
and kde 4.10.2 ie, that crazy hack I did with connecting the
destroyed() signal for Soprano::Server::Core to QApplication::quit()
is breaking somehow.

It is fixed for the master branch by Vishesh's excellent
Nepomuk2::Service2, which makes everything around shutdown less
fragile.

I'm not sure what to do here -

We could just revert that commit (which is only needed for master) and
re-release soprano 2.9.2, I suppose. And then re-release another
soprano version with the commit when 4.11 is released.

Or we could just ask people not to package soprano 2.9.1 with kde
4.10? So far only arch seems to have done so.

Or finally, I suppose we could port nepomuk2::service2 to the stable
branch (I include this just for completeness).

What do you think?

Simeon