[Nepomuk] [RFC] Better Full text search

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Sat May 4 14:44:37 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:

> > <res> nie:plainTextContent "title artist album whatevereElse" .
>
> For me, the plainTextContent of a song would be the lyrics. This seems
> like a
> misuse of the property. With a very good reason behind it, but still a
> misuse.
>
> I remember when I wanted to keep all activities in one string property as
> a \n
> terminated list to make it speedy :D
>
> I'd say go for it, but only as a last resort.

I would not like Nepomuk to be a data store. It's not the place to store
your lyrics to fetch them later, same for emails and files. It is a place
to store structured data.

In the case of lyrics, the main reason we are storing them is to be able to
be search through them, not to display them to the user. So we can
potentially append other data.

> Cheers

Vishesh Handa