[Nepomuk] NepomukCore - Do not merge KDE/4.10 into master

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 4 11:47:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in> wrote:

> Hey everyone
>
> As you might have heard there was a fiasco in the nepomuk-core repository
> where the 'master' branch was accidentally merged into KDE/4.10. Since then
> the system admins had to do a hard reset to v4.10.2 and I had to manually
> cherry-pick a lot of the commits.
>
> I do not want anyone to merge KDE/4.10 into master. It will lead will a
> number of duplicate commits, and considering we already have a LOT of
> duplicates I do not want any more.

You have the duplicate commits anyway, merging the branch will not increase
their number. It also means you'll have to cherry-pick each bugfix done to
the KDE/4.10 branch manually into master, while merging gives you that for
free.

If the cherry-picked commits applied cleanly in KDE/4.10 when you
cherry-picked them, then merging KDE/4.10 into  master will not generate
conflicts.

Andreas