[Nepomuk] Nepomuk Service2

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon Mar 25 13:34:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Sebastian Trüg <sebastian at trueg.de> wrote:

> Check if anyone stars the server manually like I think Akonadi did or
> maybe they still do...

Well, I've removed that code rather recently. I still need to merge it
though.

It was super annoying. Everytime I would switch off Nepomuk for some
testing purpose Akonadi would restart it.

Alright then, I think I will be renaming nepomukserver. Also, with Jorg's
plasmoid + data engine, we will no longer need the nepomukcontroller, so
there should be no clash if I rename it to nepomuk_control.

> On 03/21/2013 04:33 PM, Vishesh Handa wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Simeon Bird <bladud at gmail.com
>> <mailto:bladud at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     What happens if it is different? I guess the servicecontrol function
>>     just returns the wrong thing?
>>

>> well, the service won't start then. I can probably add a proper debug
>> message.
>>
>> I wonder how the Akonadi people deal with this.
>>

>>      >> > Any comments on renaming nepomukserver?
>>      >>
>>      >> How about "nepomukmanager"?
>>      >
>>      >
>>      > I meant, should we rename it at all? Or let it be called
>>     nepomukserver.
>>
>>     I would say yes: the cost seems essentially zero, and as you say, it
>>     isn't a server, so the name is misleading.
>>     But it's your call
>>

>> Lets see if anyone else has an opinion. I'm worried that everyone might
>> already be used to calling the nepomuksever and I'll be breaking some
>> stuff. Though people should be using nepomukctl now.
>>

>>     Simeon
>>

>> --
>> Vishesh Handa

Vishesh Handa