[Nepomuk] Nepomukcontroller rewritten in QML

Jörg Ehrichs Joerg.Ehrichs at gmx.de
Tue Mar 19 18:01:12 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

i like to announce a replacement for the Nepomuk system tray
controller plugin that is written in QML and Plasma::DataEngine. [1]
Unlike the old controller, the new one expose status information of
any Nepomuk service (FileWatch/File Indexer/PIM Indexer and the
Webminer) and allows to suspend/resume them.

As this looks now better and adds more (needed) features, I like to
get this in 4.11 as a replacement for the current systray applet.

Now the question, could someone have a look at this (it is my first
try at QML) and how do I get this through review in SC?
The old one was located at
kde-runtime/nepomuk/controller/

I would like to put the new one in:
kde-workspace/plasma/generic/dataengines
kde-workspace/plasma/generic/applets

as it seem this is the better place for it (all other qml applets seem
to be added there too)

So what would be the best step to get this in?
Create  a branch in kde-workspace and get this through review?

Any comments and especially hints on the code part or usability
experts are very welcome.
If you try the code, please also update nepomuk-core to master, to get
all needed dbus signals.

Kind Regards
Joerg

[1] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fjehrichs%2Fnepomukcontroller-qml.git