[Nepomuk] nfo:depiction stuff

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Fri Mar 15 15:35:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

Actually there is a lot of confusion about nfo:depiction usage probably
because Sebastian used this ontology in Nepomuk TV Namer and in music kio.

I talked about this long time ago in the IRC and finally I used other
ontologies different than nfo:depiction in Nepoogle. As other developers
are using other ontologies this is actually confusing so defining a basic
rules could be useful for all.

So here is my proposition after reading ontologies and discussing this in
IRC.
*

Ontologyusage comments
nco:photo<http://oscaf.sourceforge.net/nco.html#nco:photo>
nco:contact,
nco:PersonContact photo
nmm:artwork<http://oscaf.sourceforge.net/nmm.html#nmm:artwork> all
media artwork, like album covers nfo:depiction
<http://oscaf.sourceforge.net/nfo.html#nfo:depiction> when there is no
other option nao:Symbol
<http://oscaf.sourceforge.net/nao.html#nao:Symbol> ? maybe
could be useful for kios
nao:altSymbol<http://oscaf.sourceforge.net/nao.html#nao:altSymbol>
? idem.nao:prefSymbol <http://oscaf.sourceforge.net/nao.html#nao:prefSymbol>
? idem.
*

Comments, additions and modifications are welcome :).

--
Best wishes,
Ignacio