[Nepomuk] Review Request 110794: FileIndexer: Do not attempt to index files multiple times

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 22:55:49 UTC 2013

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 04:13:35 PM Simeon Bird wrote:
> FileIndexer: Do not attempt to index files multiple times
>
> If a file indexing job fails, set kext::indexingLevel to 4, so
> that the next time the file queue fills, it is omitted.
> This means we don't burn CPU trying to index things multiple times.

What would happen if a file was in the middle of downloading and hence its
data is probably not valid, e.g a music file being downloaded by bittorrent.

Would it be flagged as failed and never reindexed, causing its meta data to be
ignored?

Relevant to me at the moment as I'm downloading my entire Google Music
collection, some 12 GB/2000 files of data.
--
Lindsay