[Nepomuk] Soprano 2.9.3 released

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 00:30:57 UTC 2013

I have nepomuk working with soprano 2.9.3 now and I must say the performance improvements are impressive,
its noticiably faster on searches. And indexing is taking very little CPU.

I have narrowed down where the Virtuoso/Storage crash is happening, its in:

  bool Nepomuk2::ResourceMerger::push(...)

Specifically line 186:

  m_model->executeQuery( command, Soprano::Query::QueryLanguageUser, QLatin1String("sql") );

- storage reports "Virtuoso was killed or crashed" and a "MERGING FAILED!" error

If I examine the contents of command it contains the entire plain text body of a large message (4MB+)

if I replace line 169 :

  query += QString::fromLatin1(" %1 %2 ;").arg( propN3, nodesToN3(values).join(QString(", ")) );

with a loop that excludes any property > 2490000 bytes it stops the error happening
but has its own issues of course.

I have no idea how the the large message bodies are getting into the indexing, I thought the feeder was trimming them.

Thanks,