[Nepomuk] RSS Ontology

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 17:38:47 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 22 of January 2013 16:10:46 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm working on support for Nepomuk search in Akregator2. I have not found
> any suitable ontology for indexing RSS articles, so I made an attempt to
> write one myself.

Hi,

here's another version, with modifications as suggested by Joerg and
Sebastian.

I've renamed the ontology to NRSS, because I found out that there's already
Nepomuk Sharing Ontology  in SDO so the namespaces would conflict.

I can't use nie:url in nrss:Article, because that's already used by Nepomuk
Feeder (links to original Akonadi Item), so I have to keep some other property
- I use nrss:articleUrl as a nfo:Website. I added nrss:enclosureUrl as
nfo:WebDataObject, which if I understand correctly is better for data sources
like streams, videos etc than nfo:Website. Does that make sense?

Once you say it's OK, I'll try to put the ontology to kdepimlibs and generate
a vocabulary class so that it can be used globally.

Cheers,
Dan

nrss: {

    nrss:Element a rdfs:Class ;
        rdfs:label "Feed Element" ;
        rdfs:comment "Superclass for all elements related to RSS feeds" ;
        rdfs:subClassOf nie:InformationElement .

    nrss:Feed a rdfs:Class ;
        rdfs:comment "Represents an RSS Feed" ;
        rdfs:label "RSS Feed" ;
        rdfs:subClassOf nrss:Element .

    nrss:Article a rdfs:Class ;
        rdfs:label "RSS Article" ;
        rdfs:comment "Represents a single article within an RSS Feed" ;
        rdfs:subClassOf nrss:Element .

    nrss:Enclosure a rdfs:Class ;
        rdfs:label "RSS Enclosure" ;
        rdfs:subClassOf nrss:Element .

    nrss:ImageEnclosure a rdfs:Class ;
        rdfs:label "RSS Image Enclosure" ;
        rdfs:subClassOf nrss:Enclosure .

    nrss:VideoEnclosure a rdfs:Class ;
        rdfs:label "RSS Video Enclosure" ;
        rdfs:subClassOf nrss:Enclosure .

    nrss:AudioEnclosure a rdfs:Class ;
        rdfs:label "RSS Audio Enclosure" ;
        rdfs:subClassOf nrss:Enclosure .

# Properties of nrss:Article

    nrss:articleUrl a rdf:Property ;
        nrl:maxCardinality 1 ;
        rdfs:label "Article URL" ;
        rdfs:comment "URL of the article" ;
        rdfs:range nfo:Website ;
        rdfs:domain nrss:Element .

    # change to nie:publicationDate once available
    nrss:publishTime a rdf:Property ;
        rdfs:label "Publish Time" ;
        rdfs:comment "Date when the article was first published in the feed" ;
        rdfs:subPropertyOf dc:date ;
        rdfs:range xsd:dateTime ;
        rdfs:domain nrss:Article .

    nrss:updateTime a rdf:Property ;
        rdfs:label "Update Time" ;
        rdfs:comment "Date when the article was last updated in the feed" ;
        rdfs:subPropertyOf dc:date ;
        rdfs:range xsd:dateTime ;
        rdfs:domain nrss:Article .

    nrss:enclosure a rdf:Property ;
        rdfs:label "Enclosure" ;
        rdfs:comment "Enclosure related to the article" ;
        rdfs:range nrss:Enclosure ;
        rdfs:domain nrss:Article .

    nrss:isRead a rdf:Property ;
        nrl:maxCardinality 1 ;
        rdfs:label "Is Read" ;
        rdfs:comment "A flag that state whether the item has been read" ;
        rdfs:range xsd:boolean ;
        rdfs:domain nrss:Article .

# Properties of nrss:Enclosure

    nrss:enclosureUrl a rdf:Property ;
        nrl:maxCardinality 1 ;
        rdfs:label "Enclosure URL" ;
        rdfs:comment "URL of the enclosure object" ;
        rdfs:range nfo:WebDataObject ;
        rdfs:domain nrss:Enclosure .
}

<http://www.kde.org/ontologies/nrss_metadata#> {
    <http://www.kde.org/ontologies/nrss_metadata#> a nrl:GraphMetadata ;
          nrl:coreGraphMetadataFor nrss: .

    nrss:  a nrl:Ontology ;
        nao:hasDefaultNamespace "http://www.kde.org/ontologies/nrss#" ;
        nao:hasDefaultNamespaceAbbreviation "nrss" ;
        nao:lastModified "2013-01-30T17:30:45.656Z" ;
        nao:serializationLanguage "TriG" ;
        nao:status "Unstable" ;
        nao:updatable "0 " ;
        nao:version "2" ;
        nao:prefLabel "Nepomuk RSS Ontology" ;
        nao:description "The Nepomuk RSS Ontology extends the Nepomuk
Information Element framework into the domain of RSS" .
}

--
dvratil at redhat.com | Associate Software Engineer / BaseOS / KDE, Qt
GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348