[Nepomuk] Exception for Dolphin - KFileMetadataWidget

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sun Jan 6 15:30:41 UTC 2013

Søndag den 6. januar 2013 20:06:18 skrev Vishesh Handa:
> Please note that I've only recently (last 6 months) taken up
> maintainer-ship of Nepomuk. I thought I was doing a decent job - maybe I've
> only been focusing on the technical aspects. It would be nice if someone
> could gently prod me in the right direction.
>
> For one - I will try to abide by the higher quality standards and get
> everything in well before the release date. This entire process of getting
> in the new widget has been fairly eventful, and while it might be an
> improvement for the users, it has caused a lot of strife between the
> developers.

Nepomuk is a wonderful thing, and judging from my brief experience with kde
4.10 rc2, getting these changes in is good.

Nepmukwise, this is the best KDE I have ever had. I have done the tests
suggested for dolphin, all passed, and many nepomuk-related things in my
desktop actually now starts to work very well. For the first time, I feel
confident that both the searhcing and the tagging/rating/commenting features
are safe to use and rely on, and some of the more esoteric promises of the
semantic desktop now feel like actual possiblities.

To me, that is in fact high standards!

So thank you for persuing the goals of the project!

Kindly,
Anders