[Nepomuk] [RFC] Nepomuk Resource naming convention

Jörg Ehrichs Joerg.Ehrichs at gmx.de
Wed Feb 13 14:23:47 UTC 2013

> [...] I would like to move
> to a much simpler naming scheme - nepomuk:/TYPE/number. The number will be
> an increasing integer which will start from 0.
>
> This way, we will not need to rely on uuid generation and won't have to
> query the database during each creation.

What happens when a resource is deleted or the some id is unused again
after merging some resources?
Do we keep a list of unused ids before we start to increase the counter again?
Or do we ignore it and hope to never reach max integer created
resources in a lifetime?

What is the worst that can happen if we have for some reason two
different resources with the same id?

Other than that, I'm fine with it.
The nepomuk resource is just an internal detail no developer ever
needs to see, so how it looks like doesn't really matter.