[Nepomuk] Nepomuk 4.11 Roadmap

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 17:55:46 UTC 2013

On Thursday 07 February 2013 18:30:09 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> The idea certainly looks interesting, thanks! However, I'm not sure if
> that could really be put into the Places Panel - it would look a bit
> inconsistent if there are the 'traditional' places and the devices in
> a plain list of entries and then the timeline thing. Moreover, that
> widget might need quite a bit of vertical space, maybe it won't really
> fit in the panel together with the other entries if there are many
> 'places'/many devices?
>
> Another approach might be to put that into a new 'Timeline' panel.
> Maybe some parts of the code could then even be shared with the
> existing implementation in the screenshot.
Well, if you agree on the general idea, we can ask Björn (added in CC) to work
a bit on this and see what alternatives we have.

The ideas I have rambling in my head does not put a timeline in the
placesview, but rather around the breadcrumb bar (or replacing it).

Anyway, let's let the expert (Björn) work on it :p

Cheers !