[Nepomuk] Nepomuk in 4.13 and beyond

Thiago Jung Bauermann thiago.bauermann at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:06:43 UTC 2013

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 12 Dezember 2013, 11:46:53 schrieb Vishesh Handa:
> During the KDE 4.11 cycle Nepomuk reached a maturity level that we were
> happy
> with, it is reasonably fast, stable, and unless used together with Akonadi
> it is no longer the "CPU consumer" it was before. We reached this state
> after years of analyzing what was wrong and what could be improved to the
> point
> where we no longer think any more improvement is possible only by
> modifying
> our code.

Nepomuk is indeed very useful now, and I use it a lot (mainly to search for
files by filename, contents or via the timeline:/). I'm starting to experiment
with tagging and adding notes to emails.

Congratulations on reaching the current state and thanks for your hard work!

--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann