[Nepomuk] Soprano 2.8 cmake config problem: Virtuoso storage (http://sourceforge.net/p/soprano/bugs/30/)

Pierre J. Ludwick pierrelud at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 09:38:51 UTC 2012

Replies I got:
> As for your problem:
> - If you are building for KDE you do not need clucene at all.
> - I do nto know how Suse manages the packge problems with unixodbc and
> iodbc. Soprano still requires iodbc. That is something that should be
> fixed at some point...

I do not know how to solve this on Suse, except for maybe manually
installing libiodbc i /usr/local. Distributions handle these things
differently. I recommend you log into the #nepomuk-kde IRC channel or
write to the nepomuk at kde.org mailing list. Those are better places to
get help than the bug tracker.

My question and problem:
thanks. This is not just a Suse problem but coming up in loads of other
Distros. I also know that this is hard one because this type of thing is
a lot of time a problem in Linux with other libraries too, but I was
after information to resolve this problem, help, not blaming Soprano, it
might be beneficial to others later on.

--Has/had anyone ran into this and have an elegant way to solve this? It
will be greatly appreciated, thanks.