[Nepomuk] Dolphin and NepomukCore

Peter Penz peter.penz19 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:16:46 UTC 2012

Hi David,

2012/10/16 David Faure <faure at kde.org>

> On Monday 15 October 2012 17:16:39 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> > The hate is exactly the reason why I'm sceptical about removing the
> > "Nepomuk off" option
>
> Why? Didn't Peter say that the widget showed *nothing*, currently when
> nepomuk
> is off at compile time? So such users wouldn't lose anything.
>
> Or am I mixing up two configurations?

Yes, I think you are mixing up the two configurations ;-) With my
suggestion to think about removing the "Nepomuk off" option I meant: As
soon as Nepomuk is available at compile-time it should be enabled. In this
case the users may still disable the "indexing" but would not be able
anymore to disable Nepomuk itself.

So instead of having four code-paths like now:
- (1) No Nepomuk available at compiletime
- Nepomuk available at compiletime:
  -- (2) Nepomuk off, indexing off
  -- (3) Nepomuk on, indexing off
  -- (4) Nepomuk on, indexing on

we would have "only" three:
 - (1) No Nepomuk available at compiletime
- Nepomuk available at compiletime:
  -- (2) Nepomuk on, indexing off
  -- (3) Nepomuk on, indexing on

Cheers,