[Nepomuk] Indexing non-existing files

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sun Oct 14 06:53:38 UTC 2012

Today, as I write, I have the following odd experience: Nepomuk indexes a huge
amount of non-existing files.

The story goes: Yesterday, while nepomuk being disabled (likely due to akonadi
abusing it) I updated my owncloud server. This meant downloading and unpacking
two versions of owncloud, + some extra owncloud apps. After moving everything
to my server and checking that it ran correctly, I deleted the local archieves
and unpacked folders.

Now nepomuk is indexing them ALL!! (something like 10.000 files.)

Suggestion: Do not index individual files in a non-existing directory!

Cheers,
Anders