[Nepomuk] Usability Issue - Never displaying the Nepomuk URI

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 29 14:33:13 UTC 2012

On Thursday 29 November 2012 15.08:35 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/11/29 Martin Klapetek:
> > On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Frank Reininghaus
> >
> > <frank78ac at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> The problem I see is that we have to use something as a temporary
> >> window+tab title while we are waiting for the signal. Consider that
> >> the StatJob might take some time if the URL is on a slow remote server
> >> - I wouldn't want to show an empty title until we get a result.
> >
> > You could also in the meantime display something like "Loading..." maybe?
>
> I'm not sure if people would like that. It would mean that
> *every* time the URL is changed.

IMO I think that could easily be fixed by only displaying the "Loading..."
after a short timeout.
Usually nothing would be noticed as the result appears nearly immediate
anyways, you have no quickly changing urls (which would indeed be irritating),
and if it takes a while the user gets the feedback something is going on.

Just a suggestion anyways =)

Cheers,
Christian