[Nepomuk] Nepomuk Tags kioslave - Please Review

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Nov 21 15:15:01 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 07 November 2012 02:27:17 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Ahh, you mean copying from file: to tags:

Moving from file: to tags:, rather.

> I see... I'd like to hear David's opinion on how that is going to be fixed
> at  the kio/kioslave level.

Not at that level. Apps should be able to call move and end up with a move.

But the fix is to let drag-n-drop trigger a copy rather than allowing the user
to select "move". The quick fix for that is
http://www.davidfaure.fr/2012/konq_operations.cpp.diff
Which hardcodes the protocol name, but at least it gets the job done.

If we agree about this on principle, then the next step to make it generic
could be to add another field in .protocol files, say
forceDropAction=(copy|move)
The fact that kio_trash needs forceDropAction=move shows that this might make
sense, we already have two users for this setting.