[Nepomuk] GSoC 2012 Ideas page: time to add those ideas!

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 11:51:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Teo Mrnjavac <teo at kde.org> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> This is a friendly reminder that the GSoC mentoring organization
> application period closes in a week. I see that many of you have added
> lots of interesting ideas but there are still empty spots in that wiki
> page so I'm confident that we can do even better!
>
> If any of you still have ideas for this year's GSoC please add them to
> the wiki page [1] as soon as possible and before March 9.
>
> [1] http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas

> Teo

I can't mentor but I do have some ideas for possible projects (they
may or may not be good, feasible, or even desirable):

1. Storing metadata for removable devices on the device.  I know this
was planned but last I heard no one has had a chance to implement it.

2. A nepomuk-based  music and video collection backend.  Should
support all the features of the current amarok, juk, bangarang, and
plasma media center collections, should be extensible via plugins to
add new features, should probably be nepomuk-based, and should
probably offer kio access.  All the existing capabilities of all the
backends, such as amarok's biased playlists, need not be created
initially nor be built-in since they would be offered via plugins.

-Todd