[Nepomuk] virtuoso-t consumes a lot of cpu time

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Wed Jan 4 10:55:33 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2012 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > > Otherwise you can try disabling desktop search or wait till the
> > > initial scan is over.
> >

> > For me it looks like on my stystem, after restarting the system
> > nepomuk starts indexing again from scratch, even when it seems to
> > have completed the indexing.
>
> Hmmm, for me Nepomuk from KDE SC 4.7.2/4 is the first one which
> actually  works nicely. I did not look after activity after login, but
> I didn´t noticed that Nepomuk hogs my CPU.

From reading a mail of Sebastian to the nepomuk list:

Are you sure that the initial indexing has completed? With Nepomuk as of
KDE SC 4.7 it took days on my ThinkPad T520 with Intel SSD 320. But then
it also used way less resources at any given time. It seems to me that
Nepomuk now is more careful not to interfere with user activity and uses
less of the system resources.

The only thing spiking on CPU usage was virtuoso-t, but as said I didn´t
see it anymore after raising from 64 MiB to 512 MiB maximum memory size
for it. Could be a coincidence. Maybe the intiial indexing has completed
by that time and therefore things have been quite since then.