[Nepomuk] Virtuoso Problems - nao:userVisible

Dean Perry happy.heyoka at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 07:00:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:16:00 AM Vishesh Handa wrote:

On my system with 13k tags (yeah, I know), the system is completely unusable.
Virtuoso pops up to 200% and takes about 5 minutes to respond. While I don't
expect anyone to have 13k tags, people do have those many contacts or
emails.

Being a complete noob, I can't offer any wisdom in regards to the SPARQL etc :-)

But right now I'm writing something that will automatically add one or two nodes/edges for
each document in an archive of around 10000 documents.  Operations on this kind of
scale are, for me, one of the more interesting aspects of the whole semantic desktop
thing.

So while you maybe on the bleeding edge right now, I'm betting that number of items will
be a regular occurrence soon enough.

cheers,