[Nepomuk] Fwd: Re: kmail freeze when inserting something from addressbook into composer and then sending mail

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Aug 10 11:53:59 UTC 2012

On Thursday 09 August 2012 22:06:16 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> But maybe after I found out that sending SIGTERM to a process
> /usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukqueryservice makes KMail continue
> sending the mail I thought I ask here whether this rings a bell and there
> might be some bugfix / workaround available.

Yep, a very well known issue, see the thread "KMail completion spams nepomuk"
in this list and/or on the kde-pim mailing-list.

> It happens that when pasting a mail address from the address book –
> auto completion does not work here anymore for some reason I did not
> yet found out

It's the same reason. With a large nepomuk DB, the completion from the
addressbook takes a VERY long time (I've had 45 minutes on occasion!), which
not only means completion isn't working, but also that the mail can't be sent
because it's waiting for the akonadi contact search job to finish first.

> – or sometimes also at other occasions like sending a mail
> to two receivers lets KMail composer window hang right after clicking
> the send button.

Same issue.

We're discussing an akonadi-level fix on the kdepim list (using a separate
session for the completion jobs), in addition to the nepomuk-related fixes
discussed here.