[Nepomuk] [Kde-pim] KMail completion spams nepomuk, which isn't parallelized

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Thu Aug 9 10:01:27 UTC 2012

Hi David,

In fact, that was my recollection indeed, which is why I didn't worry
about this when I saw it in the beta PPA!

Anyway, the symptoms are as follows:

1. I'll compose an email. I tend to fill in any addresses *before*
writing the text, so I'm not trying to use the autocompleter at the
point of the hang.

2. I will hit "send", and sometimes, the email will go as normal.

3. Other times, maybe 30% of the time, the composer window text will
be greyed out, and just hang.

4. Some of the time, maybe 50%, if I just leave things alone, the
window will finally autodismiss, and the email will be sent say 30
minutes or an hour later. The remaining times, I have to kill kontact
and the composer window. From then on, kmail seems unstable (unable to
display emails. etc. etc.) , despite "akonadictl restart"s.

It was because of the delay, and it sometimes recovering, that I
assumed what I was seeing was what you reported/fixed.

Thanks, Shaheed