[Nepomuk] Indexing subfolders on removable drives (bug)

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 17:34:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

For those unaware of the issue - there is a problem with the indexer
that it doesn't dive into subfolders of removable drives, but only
indexes the items in the root of the device.

The reason for this problem is in shouldFolderBeIndexed function
(services/fileindexer/fileindexerconfig.cpp). I've tried a couple of
fixes that I don't particularly like (although they work).

1. Listen to Solid in fileindexerconfig - I don't like the idea to
interface Solid in more than one place.
2. Get the mounted points for the enabled devices in the config file,
all that from fileindexerconfig - still ugly although it is solid-free
3. (not yet implemented, but my last idea, and most acceptable) the
media handler could create a config group "MountedDevices" which would
be merged with the current config loaded in folderInFolderList method.

Any alternative ideas?

If not, I'm leaning towards 3.

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard