[Nepomuk] Indexer

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Apr 16 17:07:49 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Am I correct to assume (been browsing through the code of
Nepomuk::Indexer) that nepomuk spawns a new process (nepomukindex
executable) for each file that it wants to index?

If that is true, I can't help but wonder how much faster the indexing
system would be if it wasn't doing so - running a program is a rather
expensive operation. What is the reasoning behind this?

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard