[Nepomuk] OSCAF and music live and videoclips

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 18:20:03 UTC 2012

Yup, double typing is exactly what I had in mind. It cuts down on a
proliferation of new classes and more simply reflects what actually
happens in the real world - resources on the users computer can be of
multiple types (rdf:type has no maxCardinality that I can recall).
Applications already have to deal with this possibility.

The query would be simple:
1. If the user wants live performances of any type then use:
    ?r rdf:type nmm:LivePerformance
2. If the user wants TV show live performances use:
    ?r rdf:type nmm:LivePerformance
    ?r rdf:type nmm:TVShow
3. If the user wants Music Video live performances use:
    ?r rdf:type nmm:LivePerformance
    ?r rdf:type nmm:MusicVideo
4. If the user wants Music live performances use:
    ?r rdf:type nmm:LivePerformance
    ?r rdf:type nmm:MusicPiece
5. if the user wants a concert of any type use:
    ?r rdf:type nmm:Concert
6. if the user wants a concert movie use:
    ?r rdf:type nmm:Concert
    ?r rdf:type nmm:Movie
7. if the user wants a concert TV show use:
    ?r rdf:type nmm:Concert
    ?r rdf:type nmm:TVShow

Even better, if nfo:Media is ever expanded to include new types such
as (Books, AudioBooks, Plays, Spoken Word, etc.) this live performance
ontology wouldn't need to be updated again.
I really think we can get all the benefits we need without introducing
media-specific live performance types.

Hope this helps,
Andrew