[Nepomuk] Fwd: GSoC 2012 - Testing and Benchmarking in Nepomuk

Raveendra Bhat ravee.bhat69 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 09:37:52 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raveendra Bhat <ravee.bhat69 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Nepomuk] GSoC 2012 - Testing and Benchmarking in Nepomuk
To: Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in>

Hi Vishesh,

Firstly thanks for your replyI went through your blog post and had a look
at your code. I could able to understand your filewatcher test and
identificationtest. I have some doubts with respect to what needs to be
done in the GSoC period.

1. Project statement clearly says, I need to write testcases for nepomuk
services. Does it involve ontology,storage,query and strigi services? What
exactly do you mean by porting Nepomuk::Resources to the testing framework?
Writing testcases for all Nepomuk::Resource properties/methods?
2. According to my knowledge about bench marks, I believe that it should be
done on 2 seperate systems under test. Can you please give me a clear
picture of *benchmarking* the caching time,property fetch time?
3.Bench marking for file indexer means some tool like system monitor which
displays memory and CPU usage of the indexer?

Waiting for your reply. Mean while I'll be looking at your code and will
come up with a proof of concept.

--
regards,

B R Raveendra