[Nepomuk] Nepomuk Digest, Vol 25, Issue 7

PierreL pierrelud at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 13:47:30 UTC 2011

See PLPL below.

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 13:18:30 +0200
From: Sebastian Tr?g <trueg at kde.org>
To: nepomuk at kde.org
Subject: Re: [Nepomuk] Signal for updates to Nepomuk + connect to
    remote RDF sources

On 09/09/2011 11:42 AM, PierreL wrote:
> Is there currently being signaled by Nepomuk when there are any
> data/metadata is written/deleted (updated) to the store by any arbitrary
> application ?

The ResourceWatcher which is already part of 4.7 but not fully
functional yet. It will, however, be the solution to use in Nepomuk soon.

PLPL: Roughly what is functional and are the query or data or both made available from this signal? I'm hoping it's a magic signal :-)

> Will the most common way to connect to a remote RDF source using Remote
> client Model
> <http://soprano.sourceforge.net/apidox/stable/classSoprano_1_1Model.html> for
> Http SPARQL end points, the Soprano::Client::SparqlModel ?

I don't know that yet. But it is not likely since we need to take
security into account which is very very hard on the SPARQL level.

PLPL: It will be done on another level here, but I is it not a nice api for just the query itself?